D17602: BuildView: Search needed data when select an error in the list

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 15 20:54:55 GMT 2018

loh.tar added a comment.

  > I'm not sure why you have to move the setFocus() call to the beginning of the function... your comment says something about selection...

  I move this up to reduce code redundancies. Without this patch was only the focus changed when we hit the right item, now happens this almost every time. But in these rare case would then the chosen item kept the focus, but that hurts literally my eyes.

  > I don't think we need the buttons for next/previous. If you use the keyboard for navigating you want the shortcuts and if you use the mouse it is much quicker to just navigate the results and click the wanted item.

  I guess I didn't need these buttons too, but have the feeling they should be there

  > I don't think we are pressed on space to need to merge the buttons...

  Well, I like such behaviour. So the space is not the reason :-)

  > Changing the next/previous slots to go to the items with line numbers would be a good change.

  Good, will try to do it (here or extra patch?)

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate