D16336: BuildView: Avoid to show ToolView when build is invoked

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 10 07:00:48 GMT 2018

sars added a comment.

  Sorry, I was a bit busy when this review came and then I forgot about it :(

  Good:
  Show ToolView when build is invoked but is already in progress
  Rename displayBuildResult->postMessage to fit new use cases
  Use postMessage indstead of KMessageBox on some infos because it is less annoying

  I'm not sure about the auto-hiding. Quite often I want to see the result after the build.

  Thanks for pushing improvements! :)

INLINE COMMENTS

> plugin_katebuild.cpp:740
> +        QRegExp rx = QRegExp(QStringLiteral("^\\[([\\s\\d\\%]+)\\]"));
> +        if (line.contains(rx)) {
> +            // QString name = fetchPluginName();

The idea is good, but until it works it is best to not output debug messages.

If it would be possible to use the same plasma integrated progress indication as dolphin it would be nice, but if it would be only in the toolview you kinda already have it there.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate