D17459: SearchBar: Add Cancel button to stop long running tasks

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 9 19:50:16 GMT 2018

cullmann requested changes to this revision.
cullmann added a comment.

  The idea is good, I only am not sure that we want it with process events.
  That always leads to evil things, like e.g. what happens if you press the X button of the view/window during that.
  It would be better to refactor the replaceAll method in a way that it does

  1. setup
  2. trigger the search part wise via e.g. single shot timer
  3. some finalize phase at the end

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor