D17441: tune editing actions for large number of small edits

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 9 11:59:07 GMT 2018

cullmann added a comment.

  Will improve further ;=)

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in katetextblock.cpp:153
> You can use unordered_set, so you don't need m_isCheckValidityRequired any more. It can be applied to other places as well.

Actually no, that will be again a lot more expensive.
With the vector, you get one allocation in many cases, with unordered_set a lot, like with QSet.
But I tend to move that to QVarLengthArray to avoid allocations at all for the normal case of << 32 cursors.

> dhaumann wrote in katetextrange.h:364
> I would prefer an additional
>
>   inline void setValidityCheckRequired();
>   inline bool validityCheckRequired() const;
>
> We don't need a bool in the setter, since we always only mark dirty. And with these accessors, you could add a unit test (in dact, I would like to see one for this).
>
> And instead of 'double' I suggest to use the term 'multiple' in the comment.

That makes sense, will change that.
Looks nicer in the code, too.

> dhaumann wrote in katesearchbar.cpp:815
> If it's not an issue at all, I prefer to have limits that are realistic. If it scales well for, say 4096, then 4096 is the better choice.

Actually, on a decent machine, 64k things work.
The issue with corner cases like this test is >> 1 million ranges.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor