D12662: Add InlineNoteInterface

Sven Brauch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 13 09:24:05 BST 2018

brauch added a comment.

  Wow, that looks amazing! Really impressive.

  Using moving cursors for this sounds good to me. Other things which cannot be updated in real-time do that as well (highlighting, error underlines, ...)

  Regarding the cursor issue: I think you would need a state variable whether the cursor is left or right of the note. You could then patch KateViewInternal::placeCursor to set this correctly and also the cursor move functions to take this into account. That's not ideal since it requires to modify a few places, but probably actually adding a character would require more modifications...

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor