D14620: SymbolView: Add expand and parameter options to popup menu

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 5 10:39:27 BST 2018

sars added a comment.

  I think it is ok to add these to the popup.

  1. The changes in the settings page is permanent, while the changes in the popup-menu is temporary -> I don't want to get rid of the settings page.

  2. actionTriggered() is now almost like the removed slotRefreshSymbols() and besides all parsers are already checking the expand on status... do we need actionTriggered()?

  3. I would like to have expandOn to behave like a default value and if I manually toggle the tree it should stay that way also if the document is changed. At the moment it expands/collapses all the tree-nodes.

  This would be a change from the current behavior. Changing the expandOn should of course apply the change immediately.

  (4) I did not want the name-change ;)

  Thanks,

    Kåre