RFC: Search&Replace: behaviour of the "Expand results" button

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Sep 28 21:52:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

in the Search&Replace plugin, currently the "Expand results" is checkable and
decides whether after the next search the results tree will be expanded or
not.

I'm not completely happy with the behaviour, I'd like to be able to open and
close all results afterwards.

The attached patch (not intended for committing yet), changes this button to a
normal button (not checkable), and clicking it toggles the results open and
closed.
As long as you click only that button, everything behaves nice.
If the user opens and closes items manually, then the behaviour may be a bit
unexpected, i.e. it will continue to open and close all items.
Nevertheless I think it's an improvement over the current behaviour.

Comments, better ideas ?

Alex