Python indentation

Gerald Senarclens de Grancy gerald at senarclens.eu
Thu Sep 28 12:02:35 UTC 2017

Thanks Sven.

>> The variable triggerCharacters is not defined in the python indenter.
>> Any clues what has changed here?
> I think the underlying JS engine changed. That probably broke this.
> Where should the value of the variable come from?

Unfortunately, I don't know (yet). Had a look at the source tree and
stumbled across
ktexteditor/src/script/data/indentation_template.js

which contains
"""
// specifies the characters which should trigger indent, beside the default
'\n'
triggerCharacters = "{}/:;";
"""
didn't go through the cpp source yet to figure out more

>> Related question: I was trying to locate the python.js indenter of my
local
>> installation.
> It's in a qrc and built into the ktexteditor shared library.

Thanks a lot, good to know. Has been a while since I last contributed. Will
have to get into it again :)
/g

--
Gerald Senarclens de Grancy