Python indentation

Gerald Senarclens de Grancy gerald at senarclens.eu
Wed Sep 27 10:48:18 UTC 2017

Hi,
am using KDE neon user edition w/ daily updates and recently noticed that
the Python indenter behaves strangely (I suppose since the August update).
Finally got around to having a look but to no avail. Pulled kde:ktexteditor
and had a look at src/script/data/indentation/python.js - but the last
commit happend in 2015. A little test showed that the indenter is currently
triggerd on additonal characters (not just \n):
"euidfn"
The variable triggerCharacters is not defined in the python indenter.
Any clues what has changed here?

Related question: I was trying to locate the python.js indenter of my local
installation. However
/ >find -name python.js 2>&1 | grep -v Permission
returned only the following 4 results:

./home/gerald/repos/kde/ktexteditor/src/script/data/indentation/python.js
./usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/notebook/static/components/codemirror/mode/python/python.js
./usr/share/kde4/apps/katepart/script/indentation/python.js
./usr/share/ipython/notebook/static/components/codemirror/mode/python/python.js

of which 2 are ipython notebook related, one is the freshly pulled repo and
one is a kde4 resource which is not used.

>apt show kate
<snip>
Version: 4:17.08.1-0neon+16.04+xenial+build43
</snip>

>apt show ktexteditor-katepart
<snip>
Version: 5.38.0-0neon+16.04+xenial+build41
</snip>

Neither of the above or their required packages contains the indentation
files when checking with dpkg -L.

Any hints on where the actually used python indenter resides / why
indentation still mostly works are welcome.
Thanks, g

--
Gerald Senarclens de Grancy
http://senarclens.eu/~gerald/