[Kwintv] kdetv and ati driver

k_myk k_myk at o2.pl
Thu Jun 29 02:06:45 CEST 2006

Hi

First of all I'd like to say that i've never subscribed to any mailing list
and I'm new to this kind of duscussions, so please correct my mistakes and be
forgiving.

I found a problem in using kdetv and ati video drivers (with OpenGL
acceleration). When I installed that driver I was unable to recive any
picture in kdetv, but with sound. I can only see black screen and information
dialog, that v4l2 could not recive image (I'm not sure about exact content of
that dialogbox, because I'm not using english lingual distribution.)
After uninstalling ati drivers black screen disappears.

I've searched quite alot about that problem and couldn't find any solution.

I'm using SuSE 10.1 on 2.6.16.13-4-default kernel. kdetv version is 0.8.8.
My tv card is Leadtek Winfast TV 2000XP Expert Edition and my video card (for
any case) is Radeon x600 pro from Gigabyte.

I hope my description is clear enough and sombaody will be able to solve this
problem.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Sory for any language imperfections.