[Kwintv] kdetv - system sound

ghkilo ghkilo at t-online.de
Thu Feb 2 19:24:45 CET 2006

Hello again Leo,

>It freezes by any system sound. Ik can let it freeze by changing desktop (this
>generates a sound) .
>I tried alsa, Oss, no difference. When I turn off all system sounds all goes
>well until something occurs that generates sound, f.i. wenn I open a website
>that generates sound -> freeze

Ok so far. no Problem with TV-Sound.  It looks like Trouble with the
kernellocking.
Which Kernel do you use?

Try Kanotix_2005_04 where kdetv and aktual soundrivers are builtin. If
sound freezes the whole system again, you will have to disable the
onbord-soundcard and bui a PCI-sound-card.

bye Gerhard

PS.: if anyone else has a batter Idea help is welcome