[Kwintv] kdetv - system sound

Leo de Bruijn l.de.bruijn at hccnet.nl
Thu Feb 2 13:19:31 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 11:23, ghkilo wrote:
> Hello Leo,
>
> >But when any other sound occurs, for instance a beep when new mail
> > arrives, the system freezes completely. Tv sound continues as if nothing
> > happened. Only power off is possible. This happens with KDETV and with
> > ZAPPING to.
>
> Some of the System-Sounds freeze or block the computer.
>
> Try to disable all system-soundevents within kde, especialy those for Mail.
> Try updating the sound-driver(ALSA/OSS), mail-progtam, ....
>
> The TV-Programms do not freeze the System.
>
> Best regards Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

It freezes by any system sound. Ik can let it freeze by changing desktop (this
generates a sound) .
I tried alsa, Oss, no difference. When I turn off all system sounds all goes
well until something occurs that generates sound, f.i. wenn I open a website
that generates sound -> freeze

Regards Leo