[Kwintv] Problems with PAL-NC

Nicolas nahog_null at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 06:59:35 CEST 2005

I try to config a Winfast TV 2000 (using bttv).
I know the card is working because with the last cvs
snapshot of xawtv everything works perfect and with
the norm set to pal-nc all channels are in color.

But when i use the KDETV (0.8.7 packages from
www.linuxpackages.net, simple a pre-compiled package
for slack) things doesn't work.

I try to download the last KDETV release (0.8.7 source
code) and compile it with --enable-bnorms. I compile
it with no problems but I still can't get pal-nc to
work.

I notice the problem is when KDETV try to set pal-nc
because i get this in the console (the app didn't halt
it runs perfect but in pal norm (not pal-nc) and all
channels get sint. in b/w)

kdetv: v4l: setEncoding: pal-nc
VIDIOCSTUNER: Operation not supported

(I also attached the full console out from a run an
the close of kdetv (0.8.7 source code release))

Thanks, Nicolas.

http://mail.yahoo.com