[Kwintv] Pinnacle PCTV / no proper sound

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun May 29 13:48:29 CEST 2005

On Sunday 29 May 2005 13:21, Jens Richter wrote:
> thank's for your reply. I tried both, xawtv and
> zapping. Same prob. Alsa mixer settings in kdetv are
> Soundblaster Live / line. In case the driver
> misdetected the card in some way (lsmod |grep bttv
> looks fine for me) e.g. sound source is "composite"
> instead of television, please would you be so kind and
> explain me how to fix that manually?
The bttv driver has insmod options. Read the documentation in the kernel
sources about the driver, the options and the numbers for the cards are
stated in there.
Note the bttv driver may have detected the correct card, but sometimes
manufacturers seem to change their cards during production so bttv will
correctly name it but not work with it.
You can play with "insmod bttv card=XX tuner=YY" until your setup works. Try
other Pinnacle models first.

There may even be more comfortable solutions the Kubuntu distro provides, but
I don't know the distro at all.