[Kwintv] kdetv not working with Terratec 600

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Sun Mar 6 11:39:25 CET 2005

I can't get kdetv (CVS version) to work with my Terratec 600 TV/Radio card.
I *have* read the FAQ.

Here's the (possible) relevant messages I get when starting kdetv:

kdetv: QVideo: Found BGR32 display.
kdetv: QVideo: Display properties: depth: 24, bits/pixel: 32, bytes/pixel: 4
kdetv: Kdetv V4L2 plugin loaded successfully.
kdetv: PluginFactory: getPlugin: 'Video4Linux2 Plugin' refCount: 1
kdetv: V4L2Dev: device "/dev/video" capabilities:
kdetv:   Driver: saa7134 0.2.12
kdetv:   Card: Terratec Cinergy 600 TV
kdetv:   Bus info: Terratec Cinergy 600 TV
kdetv:   Capabilities:
kdetv:     Video capture
kdetv:     Video overlay
kdetv:     VBI capture
kdetv:     Tuner IO
kdetv:     Read/Write interface
kdetv:     Streaming interface
kdetv: Found device 'Video4Linux2: Terratec Cinergy 600 TV' in plugin
'Video4Linux2 Plugin'
Request decoding of services 0x60000c7f, strict level -1
Will capture services 0x00000060, added 0x60 commit:1
Requesting 16 streaming i/o buffers
Mapping 16 streaming i/o buffers
Successful opened /dev/vbi (Terratec Cinergy 600 TV)
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Input/output error
kdetv: WARNING: IO error - requeuing buffer
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_QBUF failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_QBUF failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Input/output error
kdetv: WARNING: IO error - requeuing buffer
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_QBUF failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_QBUF failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Input/output error
kdetv: WARNING: IO error - requeuing buffer
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev::enqueueBuffer(): buffer already queued: 0
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_DQBUF failed: Input/output error
kdetv: WARNING: IO error - requeuing buffer
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev::enqueueBuffer(): buffer already queued: 0
Too many errors. Ending V4L2 grabbing.

At this time I get a dialogue saying 'Can't record video [...]' before I'm
able to select 'Television' and 'PAL' in the channel wizard. When I do that,
and start the channel search, I get:

Successful opened /dev/vbi (Terratec Cinergy 600 TV)
kdetv: VBIDecoder: Using V4L(2) interface.
kdetv: [VBIDecoder::restart()] Initialised VBI device "/dev/vbi" with norm
"Autodetect"
kdetv: VbiDecoder: Running.
kdetv: ChannelIO::load(...)
file='/usr/share/apps/kdetv/channels-dist/europe-west.list' format='xawtv'
kdetv: ChannelIO::findFormat(...) xawtv, flags=1
kdetv: ChannelIO::findFormat(...) io XawTV Channel Plugin can read xawtv
kdetv: ChannelIO::load(...) using format 'XawTV Channel Plugin'
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: ChannelScanner: Station found: E2, frequency: 48250 kHz
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: ChannelScanner: Station found: E3, frequency: 55250 kHz
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: ChannelScanner: Station found: E4, frequency: 62250 kHz

Whether it finds the channels varies (it depends on the v4l settings, AFAICS),
but the result is always the same: Nothing is displayed (only the black
background).

No matter what I set the v4l or v4l2 settings to, I get error message 'Can't
record video ...' (translated from Danish).

tvtime works perfectly (with the default settings), both in window mode and
fullscreen. Zapping does not (complaining about 'not enough buffers').

Any ideas?

--
Regards,
Karl Ove Hufthammer