[Kwintv] KDE-TV and Screensaver

Pascal Schaak pschaak at leistritz.de
Thu Mar 3 15:00:27 CET 2005

Hi,

i use KDETV 0.8.4 with SuSE 9.2 and KDE 3.3.0.

I have disabled all screensavers in KDE and the powermanagement options
in SuSE 9.2.

Also, i have disabled the screensaver in KDETV.

But when i watch TV approx. every 10 min. there pop a screensever on.

But it seems it is not a kde screensaver.

It has yellow, red and blue plates which spinning around.

Is this a KDETV Screensaver or a Xscreensaver.

How can i disable this?

By the way:

I tested KDETV 0.8.5 with a packman rpm.

It works fine. BUT when I close it, the sound is still playing and
KDETV hangs and crash my system.

Linux can't close the process and only a reboot of the system help.

:-(

CU