[Kwintv] Debugging mplayer/xine issues

Christoph Brill chrisbrill at gmx.net
Sat Jun 4 22:07:48 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I've been playing around with finding the problem with Xv. It looks to
me that we were searching in the wrong direction (though I'm not sure
about that).
>From what I understood Xv was reported not to work after mplayer/xine
was run. I think that is wrong. It's v4l and v4l2 not working after
mplayer/xine, since I still can get an working video with
"XVideo: video4linux (port 73)"
but neither with
"Video4Linux: BT878 (Hauppauge(bt878))"
nor
"Video4Linux2: BT878 (Hauppauge(bt878))"

If I understood that right, we looked at the wrong place. Though I added
a few changes to kxv.cpp (but reverting them did not trigger any
regressions or improvements).

Can someone give me some info on that?

Thanks,
  Christoph