[Kwintv] Can I use KDETV with a vcr?

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sat Jan 8 23:36:35 CET 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 18:30, Steve wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I just installed kdetv and I am very impressed.   Please accept my
> thanks for making this nice piece of work available to the community.
Thanks ;-)

> Is it possible to hook up a vcr to my TV/Radio card and watch VHS on my
> computer?
Sure it is. It depends on how you connect your VHS to your computer.

1) Using a normal antenna cable: You just need to tune your VCR like any other
channel
2) Attached to Composite input: You need to manually add a channel ("New"
button in channel editor and just select "Composite" or similar is input.

> If so, is it possible to use KDETV to capture the videos I watch into
> some kind of electronic form that I can then burn to a DVD?
>
> If these things can be done can you point me to do documentation that
> explains how to do it?
Sorry to disappoint you, but kdetv does not support recording video. And it
will not in the near future...