[Kwintv] Can I use KDETV with a vcr?

Steve beforewisdom at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 18:30:37 CET 2005

Hi;

I just installed kdetv and I am very impressed.   Please accept my
thanks for making this nice piece of work available to the community.

I am using the latest stable kdetv with the HaugePauge TV/Radio card
described below.

Is it possible to hook up a vcr to my TV/Radio card and watch VHS on my
computer?

If so, is it possible to use KDETV to capture the videos I watch into
some kind of electronic form that I can then burn to a DVD?

If these things can be done can you point me to do documentation that
explains how to do it?

Thanks much in advance

Again, thanks for the totally wonderful alternative to xawtv!

Steve

TV/Radio Card ( Hauge Pauge )
lspci -vv

02:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
	Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV Series
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 32 (4000ns min, 10000ns max)
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
	Region 0: Memory at f47fe000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Capabilities: <available only to root>

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap:  It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"