[Kwintv] kdetv on SUSE9.2 no color on svideo

David E. West kdetv at lexenger.com
Mon Feb 14 16:11:51 CET 2005

Steve,

I had the same problem a while back when using the "s-video out" of my graphics
card.  At first all I could see was a black and white image. The problem for
me turned out to be that the s-video connector I was using didn't fit well into
the back of my computer.  I ended up having to shave away part of the plastic
in order to allow it to make contact on all the pins.  S-video is split into
two signals, the liminance (black and white) and sync signals travel on one
pin, and the color (chrominance) travels on the other pin.  Both pins have
their own ground for a total of 4 pins.  In my case the chrominance pin wasn't
making contact.  This may be totally unrealated to your situation, but the end
result sounds similar.

Just an idea.

David E. West