[Kwintv] Faulty Drivers?

George Fragos fragos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 20:31:27 CET 2005

On 12/2/05, Dave Dahl <davethewave83 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Hi,
>   I was wondering if it is a known problem that the Life View FlyVideo 3000
> does not work under SUSE 10 with kwintv? I go into YaST2 -> Hardware
> Information and find LifeView FlyVideo3000 which it claims it has drivers
> and modprobe etc all set-up, but when I launch kwintv and perform a channel
> search with usa broadcast NTSC, it finds nothing. I'm not sure what more
> information I could give you, it says "Drivers -> active:Yes | modprobe: Yes
> | modules -> modprobe saa7134" under drivers in Hardware Information. Vendor
> ID 69937 and Vendor is Philips Semiconductors. Thanks for any information

You need to tell YaST what tuner is on the card.  It only recognized
the card but set the tuner to 0.  The tuner is the large appliance on
your TV board.  You may have to remove a sticker to identify it -- the
case with WinTV.  Go back to YaST and configure the card.  When you
select the card, it will give you a long list of tuners to select
from.

--
George Fragos
fragos at gmail.com