[Kwintv] remote control support

jeremy at fantasticfamily.net jeremy at fantasticfamily.net
Wed Apr 13 13:46:58 CEST 2005

Hi,
Unfortunatley, I can't read this :-(

Here's where I'm at. There seems to be little to no documentation on
this topic. I'd be willing to write it if I can get this working.

The remote control is working. Using the lircrc for TV-Time, I can
control tv-time almost perfectly. So, I understand the lircd part of
the equation. What I don't understand is the KDE part of the equation.
How do I get lircd talking to irkick? It seems to me that I would need
some form of communication between the two?

The irkick web-site has been down for a while now:
webcvs.kde.org/kdeutils/kdelirc/?sortdir=down

Thanks again for all your help! It's much appriciated.
Jeremy

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:03:31 +0200, "farkas miklos"
<lupus2000 at mail.tvnet.hu> wrote :

> Kedves Zsolt!
>
> Sajnálattal közlöm hogy az angol nyelvtudásom messz áll attól
hogy az alábbi
> szöveget megértsem.
> Gondom van (volt) a Linux alatti  Tv -tuner müködésével és
lehet hogy azért
> töltöttem ki  a forum -lapot.
> köszönettel : farkas miklos

configuration that
> > means, that your remote is not supported with it.
> > You could easily write a new remote definition file for kdelirc
based on
> > one existing one in /usr/share/apps/remotes/.
> > If you have kernel 2.6 and you are using the linux-input-layer
with lirc,
> > then I can send you my remote config file for that.
> > If you encounter any problems then you could contact the kdelirc
> > maintainer
> > for help (he may be able to create the definition file based on your
> > lircd.conf).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Zsolt
> >
> > __________ NOD32 1.1059 (20050412) Information __________