[Kwintv] Problems with cx88xx

Christoph Brill egore at gmx.de
Thu Sep 16 10:42:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get kdetv running on my bt88x. kdetv locks up completely
while trying to access the v4l device (the device works, tested in
tvtime). I guess it has something to do with audio, but I'm not sure
about that. I compiled with --enable-debug and this is the interessting
output (I think)

kdetv: KdetvImageFilterChain::setupChain(): Setting chain output
format...
kdetv: KdetvImageFilterChain::setupChain(): Chain OK.
v4ldev: VIDIOCGAUDIO: Das Argument ist ungültig
v4ldev: VIDIOCGAUDIO: Das Argument ist ungültig
v4ldev: VIDIOCGAUDIO: Das Argument ist ungültig
kdetv: CfgData: Loading settings for device: Hauppauge WinTV 34xxx
models Video4Linux(/dev/v4l/video0)
kdetv: ChannelIO::load(...)
file='/home/egore/.kde/share/apps/kdetv/channels.xml' format='xml'
kdetv: ChannelIO::findFormat(...) xml, flags=1
kdetv: ChannelIO::findFormat(...) io XML Channel Plugin can read xml
kdetv: ChannelIO::load(...) using format 'XML Channel Plugin'
kdetv: Sourcemanager: Set source: television
kdetv: V4LDev::setSource(..) Source is television