[Kwintv] KDETV PAL fine tuner UK

Stephen Cooke (KN) stephen.cooke at telewest.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 10:55:41 CEST 2004

Fedora Core 2   : 2.6.5.1 standard kernal.

KDETV : 0.8.2

We have been given a number of Hauppauge WinTV USB boxes.   I am using the
USBVISION USB Video4Linux working in version 1 mode ( v4l)  This appears to
work averagly well,  I do however have a few small issues with the thing and
I am not sure exactly why.

The TUNER appears to be a little flaky and kept changing the colors of the
TV when I closed the window used to change from secam to pal.    When I left
the window open after this change the picture was perfect,  when I close the
dialog box the picture reverts back to bad colour.

Just to make life a little I decided to leave the window up and not push the
ok button.  This has appeared to have the effect of correcting the issue.
My WinTV USB setup is now giving perfect pictures.

Any ideas why leaving the window open would have this effect?  A happy but
confused unix

---

Live Life in Broadband
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.