[Kwintv] No devices to select from

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun Oct 31 23:00:54 CET 2004

On Sunday 31 October 2004 14:04, Adrian Dannberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had some time to playaround with my system this weekend and it
> seems to me like this _is_ an kdetv related problem afterall.
>
> First thing I tried to get kdetv running is, I switched to xorg but it
> didn't help. Next I installed kdetv-cvs, it compiled fine but still no
> devices to choose from. Then I tried another app, tvtime. Surprisingly it
> worked, so I tried what Chris said and downgraded to kdetv-0.8.0, which
> solved the problem! But 0.8.3 has to many nice features I don't want to
> miss.
>
> Can I provide anything useful to you, that you can track the problem?
Can you show me the command line output of kdetv 0.8.3, or better, the latest
CVS snapshot? There should be some hints in there. Currently I'd guess that
you have installed kdetv into another dir than the previous 0.8.0, so the new
kdetv finds the old plugins for some reason (it looks into the wrong dir) and
cannot load them.