[Kwintv] some problems with kdetv 0.83 and saa7134

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Oct 4 22:57:41 CEST 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 21:50, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> > I already tried kraxels approach to disable this section in
> > kdetv/kvideoio/v4ldevtuner.cpp:V4LTuner::setEncoding(), but this
> > method isn't called at all in v4l mode:
>
> That's because you didn't use the v4l plugin (debug messages above:
> XvPutVideo -> XVIDEO plugin). Choose a device driven by v4l plugin
> and try again.

Ahh, under device menu, I have:
  AverMedia M156 / Medion 2819 Video4Linux(/dev/video)
  video4linux - XVideo-Port 69

Sorry for the wrong identifier, but the XVIDEO plugin is more
interesting for me, since it allows for scaled fullscreen (without
switching resolutions)..

> Maybe the driver reports the correct maxwidth? So kdetv should not
> set it to a larger value...

I've attached outputs of kdetv (switching to FS and back) and v4l-info
(Sorry Gerd, I know, you got them already, sorry..)

Dirk, could you point me to the method, where XVideo Scaling happens?

BTW: I noticed a mysterious Xv port 70 "Matrox G-Series Backend
Scaler", why cannot it be used?

Thanks,
Pete