[Kwintv] some problems with kdetv 0.83 and saa7134

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Mon Oct 4 21:50:00 CEST 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 21:30, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Hello,

> It is related to a deficit of the saa7134, which doesn't allow for
> more than _720_x576, while kdetv tends to use 768.
>
> This is printed on the console when switching to FS:
>
> kdetv: [void MainWindow::saveWindowSettings()] Called
> kdetv: MainWindow::setShowNormal(): false
> kdetv: MainWindow::setShowFullScreen(): true
> kdetv: SaverControl: KDE screensaver successfully disabled.
> kdetv: elegant font resized to 57
> kdetv: elegant font resized to 57
> kdetv: elegant font resized to 85
> kdetv: elegant font resized to 85
> kdetv: elegant font resized to 85
> kdetv: XvPutVideo: 0x807f7c0 69 58720301 0x8361fc8 0 0 768 576 0 0
> 1279 960

[...]

> I already tried kraxels approach to disable this section in
> kdetv/kvideoio/v4ldevtuner.cpp:V4LTuner::setEncoding(), but this
> method isn't called at all in v4l mode:
That's because you didn't use the v4l plugin (debug messages above: XvPutVideo
-> XVIDEO plugin). Choose a device driven by v4l plugin and try again.

Maybe the driver reports the correct maxwidth? So kdetv should not set it to a
larger value...

This code is from George, I suppose he wrote it to work around buggy drivers
that report incorrect maximum grab sizes. We could try leaving it out and see
if people complain (and ask kraxel for advice).

Gerd and George, can you please comment on this?