[Kwintv] Kdetv stopped working....

Federico Zenith zenith at chemeng.ntnu.no
Sat Nov 27 19:18:36 CET 2004

For some reason, Kdetv does not work anymore on my machine. Specifically, it
claims that "no devices were found", and leaves me with a black screen. XawTv
works fine, however.
I tried the procedure described in the FAQ, and apparently everything is fine.

Suggestion: the message about the "look the FAQ at kdetv.org" could be
rephrased as "look the FAQ in the manual", so it will not require network
connection and will be localised. Can you put it as a link (you click on the
menu item under "video" and the right section of the manual appears)?

I had problems previously, and they were solved by recompiling kdetv (possibly
some symbolic link to libraries had gone bananas).

Starting Kdetv from the console, I get these warning messages:
-------------------------------------
kdetv: WARNING: Sourcemanager: No screenwidget set! Cannot scan video plugins!
kdetv: WARNING: OSDManager: No screenwidget set! Cannot scan OSD plugins!
kdetv: WARNING: MiscManager: No screenwidget set! Cannot scan Misc plugins!
kdetv: WARNING: MainWindow::setupInfraRed(): Lirc not available

Versions:
Kdetv: 0.8.4
KDE: 3.3.1
Kernel: Gentoo-dev-sources 2.6.9-r6
X Server: X.org 6.8.0

I attach my xvinfo output and my xorg.conf file.

Hope someone knows how to fix this!
TIA,
-Federico