[Kwintv] kdetv problem: no channels

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun Nov 21 08:54:44 CET 2004

On Sunday 21 November 2004 03:05, George Fragos wrote:
> I've been struggling with a WinTV card and have had limited success
> with Linspire, SuSE 9.1 Personal and now SuSE 9.2 Pro.  My issue has
> related screenwidgets as well.  I tried a few different tuner
> settings, for the most part no channels were recognized until I tried
> "6".  The scan now claims to find about 20 channels with US-cable
> NTSC.  Cable channel 19, FNC, works fine and the other channels all
> show the same unknown station.  Is there any hope for me.  I'll do
> without TV before I go back to Windows.  By the way, what is a
> screenwidget?  I can guess but, I can't find it anywhere except in
> error messages of a number of users.
Hello,

You should post to a list that is about the development of the driver, meybe
they can help you there. This clearly sounds like an issue with your driver
settings.

Regarding these warnings about the screenwidget: You can safely ignore them.
They helped me debugging kdetv in the past. I removed them in my tree.