[Kwintv] kdetv problem: no channels

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun Nov 21 08:51:26 CET 2004

On Saturday 20 November 2004 18:15, Eggert Ehmke wrote:
> Hello list,
> my system is a Gentoo Linux 2004.3 (kernel 2.6.9-gentoo--r4) with a
> Hauppauge WinTV PCI-FM card. After installing the cx8800 module, I got
> tvtime to run. However, kdetv does not work. It starts ok, but no channels.
> When I select setup/video/configure plugin, the application crashes. These
> are the messages in the shell when launching kdetv:
Hello,

I talked to the driver maintainer about this. Your should get the sourcecode
of 0.8.4 and manually enable the v4l2 plugin (plugins/video/Makefile.am).
This plugin should work with your card.

The issue is that the driver does not implement a syscall the v4l1 compat
layer uses to make v4l2 cards v4l1 compatible. This has been fixed about 3
weeks ago. So maybe you can also get a CVS version of the driver and try it
with a "normal" kdetv.