[Kwintv] kdetv crashes w/ FC2 & cx88

Jason Tang jtang613 at rogers.com
Mon May 31 15:39:47 CEST 2004

Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:

>On Sunday 30 May 2004 16:15, Jason Tang wrote:
>

>>Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
>>I've downloaded the newest CVS and compiled with debug enabled, but the
>>result seems to be the same.
>>

>Are you sure you recompiled? (make clean ; make)? The debug output I need is
>still missing.
>

>>kdetv
>>X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
>>  Major opcode:  2
>>  Minor opcode:  0
>>  Resource id:  0x120000f
>>QMetaObject::findSignal:ChannelEditor: Conflict with
>>QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)
>>X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
>>  Major opcode:  2
>>  Minor opcode:  0
>>  Resource id:  0x120000f
>>v4ldev: VIDIOCGAUDIO: Invalid argument
>>Killed
>>
>>Is there anything else I'm missing?  What does the "BadAccess" message
>>relate to?
>>

>This is an X error when creating the TV screen. Didn't track it down because
>it seems not to be critical.
>
>Dirk

I wish I had more output to give you.  I've always used 'make clean'
before reconfiguring.  I've tried --enable-debug, --enable-debug=yes,
--enable-debug=full.  But they all give the same lack of output.  I've
also tried running ./kdetv/clients/kdetv/kdetv instead of the kdetv in
/usr/bin, but they are both the same.  I feel that I *should* be seeing
a lot more.  Is there a line in the config.log that I can check to make
sure debug mode is in fact enabled?

One thing I have noticed is that if I select my "NVIDIA Video Interface
Port" device instead of my "MSI -TV- at nywhere Master Video4Linux" device,
then kdetv runs without crashing.  But as soon as I change to my TV
decoder, kdetv stos responding and issues these two messages:

  v4ldev: VIDIOCGAUDIO: Invalid argument
  v4ldev: VIDIOCMCAPTURE failed.

This leads me to think that the problem may stem from an incompatibility
with the cx88 modules.  Or that I may be missing a critical module.  Has
anyone else used this chipset successfully with kdetv?

When exiting (normally or by crash) I also get these two messages:

  Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
  ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 32569, errno = 0

I would really like for this to work, so far tvtime is the only other TV
player I can use to watch TV, but I'm having trouble getting any sound
out of it.

jt