[Kwintv] kdetv crashes w/ FC2 & cx88

Jason Tang jtang613 at rogers.com
Sat May 29 01:21:30 CEST 2004

I've tried kdetv 8.0 and cvs-20040526 but still get the same problem.
kdetv crashes immediatly after the device selection dialoag is
dismissed.  When I run kdetv, I am prompted for my device (an MSI
TV at nywhere is correctly detected).  It uses the Connexant cx88 chipset.
As soon as I accept or cancel the dialog, kdetv stops responding and
issues the following to the terminal window.

QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
  Major opcode:  2
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x120000f
QMetaObject::findSignal:ChannelEditor: Conflict with
QListView::doubleClicked(QListViewItem*,const QPoint&,int)
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
  Major opcode:  2
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x120000f
v4ldev: VIDIOCGAUDIO: Invalid argument

The video card does in fact work under tvtime, but not kdetv.
My lsmod reports the following modules are loaded.

Module                  Size  Used by
snd_emu10k1            89988  1
snd_util_mem            3840  1 snd_emu10k1
snd_hwdep               7684  1 snd_emu10k1
autofs4                12544  0
3c59x                  34216  0
ide_cd                 37536  0
cdrom                  35612  1 ide_cd
floppy                 53712  0
sg                     32544  0
usblp                  11136  0
joydev                  8384  0
evdev                   7808  0
dm_mod                 39712  0
uhci_hcd               27664  0
rtc                     9912  0
tuner                  17036  0
cx8800                 40736  0
cx88xx                 16644  1 cx8800
video_buf              16516  2 cx8800,cx88xx
i2c_algo_bit            8840  1 cx8800
v4l1_compat            13444  1 cx8800
v4l2_common             5376  1 cx8800
btcx_risc               4232  2 cx8800,cx88xx
videodev                7680  1 cx8800
i2c_core               18948  4 tuner,cx8800,cx88xx,i2c_algo_bit
agpgart                27688  0
nvidia               2074184  12
raid1                  12032  1
raid0                   6784  3

What can I do to resolve this problem?  Is it a setup issue, or a
software bug?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jason Tang