[Kwintv] no sound on SuSE 9.1

Stefan Hellwig shellwig at orga-systems.com
Thu May 13 09:54:28 CEST 2004

Hi!

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 22:47, Anthony Luke Nelson wrote:
> This is odd. I'be been using kdetv on SuSE 9.0 without a problem, I
> reinstalled with 9.1 and now I have no sound with kdetv. Sound still
> works for everything else. I do get video, and there have been no
> physical hardware changes.

Hm... I don't use SuSE (anymore) but I had a similar problem recently with my
system: all sound was working fine but kdetv didn't seem to work. For me it
was just a button ("LED") I had to click in the advanced settings of KMix to
get kdetv sound back.

On my (Gentoo) box with KDE 3.2.1 my KMix suddenly had much more options
because I switched from OSS to ALSA. Since then I have the "advanced options"
button in KMix which now allows me to activate or deactivate several things
of my sound card that I wasn't able to set with OSS. Do you also have that
"advanced options" button now as well (using ALSA)? If so, just click it and
try to activate or deactivate the green "LEDs" in there while kdetv is
running. One of them (on the upper right) enabled my kdetv sound again. I
can't remember its functionality exactly and I'm not at home right now to
check for its name/label...

Regards, Stefan.