[Kwintv] Problem with the systray icon setting

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 7 00:18:46 CEST 2004

On Thursday 06 May 2004 23.12, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 May 2004 18:03, Andras Mantia wrote:
> >   Since the latest update if I switch to TV mode kdetv disappears from
> > the taskbar regardless of the "Always hide taskbar button..." setting
> > state. Quite frustrating, as you cannot switch to the tv window if
> > it's in the background.
>
> I did that on purpose... You can get the window back using ALT-TAB (or
> whatever it is on your system). But I'm open to discussion, do you think
> it should be changed?

IMO you should always have the taskbar button or the systray icon
available. If you can configure kdetv to have none, then you should have
good documentation about it (eg. to describe that Alt-Tab helps).
But it should not be the default setting.
But having only the systray icon in tvmode is an acceptable option IMHO,
and it can be the default setting.

Sorry if I had said stupid things. I do not have time right now to try your
changes, so maybe I have misunderstood something...

Regards
Zsolt