[Kwintv] XRANDR

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 22:25:49 CET 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 22:14, George Staikos wrote:
> > Currently scaling is located in the IN part - v4ldev*. I agree that it
> > _may_ belong in the OUT part (it actually is when XVIDEO is used as
>
>    Ah this is the stuff that tells v4l to produce a smaller image.  It's
> even more important than output scaling.  The reason is that in some
> applications, you need to grab at low res for performance reasons.  This is
> very apparent for realtime display in some situations, and for instance,
> for recording.
Not really. The grab size is set by setImageSize(). The grab() call takes a
scale parameter but has an assert(!scale) in it. As I understood it, if scale
is true, the grab call should scale the image up/down from a possibly limited
capture size to the desired image size. This is what I wanted to remove.