[Kwintv] Snapshots (no, not those kind...)

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 21:16:09 CET 2004

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 07:59, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > > 7. one should be able to disable devices. Now I have an NVIDIA Video
> > > Interface Port - XVideo port 111 device and if I switch to it by
> > > mistake, I get a blue screen, but all my further display is broken (the
> > > colors in the TV are changed, I believe the RGB order becomes BGR os
> > > something similar)
> >
> >    I'm not sure I agree with this.  For one, there is a bug elsewhere
> > that you want to mask. For two, this is extra code and UI for little
> > gain.
>
> Well, than the bug should be found & fixed, as it's not good that I have to
> restart X if by mistake I switch to that port.
This is quite surely an XFree bug, an app (should ;-)) not have the permission
to mess with the global palette, byte order or whatever.

> > > 9. Might be a KWin bug from KDE 3.2+: switch to TV mode, make it Always
> > > On Top, switch to Full Screen and back to TV mode. The Always On Top
> > > setting is lost.
> >
> >   Probably kwin.  Try the same with konqueror and see if that shows the
> > same behaviour.
>
> Konqueror, tvtime behaves correctly. I saw the bug with the old kwintv, but
> I don't see it now (to be honest, my old kwintv is compiled against KDE 3.1
> at this moment).
I had problems with it when I write the code. Stay on top only worked when I
use KWin::setState(winId(), NET::StaysOnTop) AND setWFlags(WStyle_StaysOnTop
(don't ask me why). I just moved the call to a different location, please
check out again and see of this fixes it (mainwindow.cpp if you want to play
with it).