[Kwintv] CPU usage

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Thu Mar 4 10:14:58 CET 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 12:32, Andras Mantia wrote:

[...]

I also observe high CPU usage, I usually have 50% load for X and about 1% for
qtvision (Athlon XP2000, Kernel 2.4.18). I added some code to print FPS
yesterday, but it is correct at 25FPS, so the load does not come from too
many grabs/paints. AFAIR I see the high CPU usage since the first time I
checked it about 4 months ago, so if something has changed, it must be much
further in the past.
I looks like my graphics card (Radeon 9500) is not used for YUV->RGB
conversion and scaling. But even if this is done in software, I think that
these operations are not THAT CPU intensive. Do you have an idea, George?