[Kwintv] CPU usage

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Mar 1 06:28:50 CET 2004

It seems that CPU usage properties have changed significantly recently.  I now
have huge CPU usage on the X server and very low usage in qtvision.  This is
of course both bad and good. :-)  I'm using the v4l grab+display driver with
Xv output.  This is full-screen with NVidia driver with GeForce 4Ti in
Xinerama mode.  Are we perhaps sending too many frames to the X server now?
Or is it doing more work than it needs to be doing?  Anyone have any ideas?

 1182 root      22   0  284M  27M  4520 R    49.6  5.3  1260m X
 4164 staikos   16   0 40660  31M 16472 S     6.5  6.2 189:52 qtvision

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/