[Kwintv] Re: OpenGL view mode and a new threading solution

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 8 19:17:36 CEST 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 05:02:29PM +0200, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 01:04:27PM +0200, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've rewritten the OpenGL view mode code. Anybody with hardware OpenGL
> > acceleration, please try it (the latest ATI drivers OOPS on my SuSE
> > 9.1 :-((( ). However, it is still unstable and may make the program HANG at
> > shutdown. But if it works well, I'll try to find a solution for it.
>
> I have nvidia, so I could try. I just compiled it, but I can't find the
> OpenGL output driver. Where is it, what should I do?

Ok, found it. About 7% CPU usage in the original window size on a GeForce FX 5200.
It increases if I make the window bigger (btw, I could find the option to resize
to PAL..) It's about two times as much compared with XShm. Only crash I saw so far
was when changing the v4l driver option to GL (like you told me).
If somebody knows I nice option for this (already have "RenderAccel" "On")

One strange thing, when I was looking for these v4l option I opened and close the
picture settings dialog and now my colors are wrong. Now TV is more or less black
and white (even so with xawtv). This was before I changed to openGL and, strangely,
the openGL output has the colors correct...restarting X...ah, colors are correct
again. Hmm saw this before once, when I was playing with mplayer's color settings..

Koos

PS. as I'm not subscribed to the ml, please CC a follow up