[Kwintv] No Sound for kdetv on SuSE 9.1

Terry Eck terry_eck at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 20:35:21 CEST 2004

Stefan Hellwig wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tuesday 01 June 2004 15:07, Terry Eck wrote:
>
>>[...] Picture quality is very good, just no sound. How would I go about
>>checking the mixer plugin configuration? Is there a config file
>>somewhere?
>

> Are you able to check the "Advanced" button in KMix? If so, check it to
> enter the Advanced Settings and disable the "Line-In As Surround" feature.
>
> The LED/button just reads "Line-In As..." but the tooltip reads "Line-In As
> Surround" - I can send you a snapshot if you can't find it :-).
>
> Regards, Stefan.

Thank you Stefan,
Opened KMix Advanced and looked for "Line-In As Surround". No such
button. Tried one called "Line In->Rear Out". This the button that
worked. I'm now back in SuSE 9.1 and one step closer to configuring
it the way I want. My next challenge will be getting ogle working.
Thanks Again,
Terry

PS: Is it OK to post your information on the suse-linux-e list since
it may be helpful to others there?

--
SuSE Linux 9.1 (i586) ---- 2.6.4-54.5-default  ---  Tue 06/01/04 13:25
   1:25pm  up   0:55,  1 user,  load average: 0.29, 0.65, 0.58