[Kwintv] No Sound for kdetv on SuSE 9.1

Stefan Hellwig stefan at stefanhellwig.de
Tue Jun 1 18:13:28 CEST 2004

Hi!

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 15:07, Terry Eck wrote:
> [...] Picture quality is very good, just no sound. How would I go about
> checking the mixer plugin configuration? Is there a config file
> somewhere?

Are you able to check the "Advanced" button in KMix? If so, check it to
enter the Advanced Settings and disable the "Line-In As Surround" feature.

The LED/button just reads "Line-In As..." but the tooltip reads "Line-In As
Surround" - I can send you a snapshot if you can't find it :-).

Here's some info regarding KMix on SuSE sent to this mailing list by Robert
Kaiser (sorry for the duplication):

[-- CUT --]

In SuSE 9.1, you probably have to launch KMix explicitly to see those,
as it uses KAMix by default, which doesn't show those options :(

I had this problem as well when switching from SuSE 9.0 to 9.1, as I
have self-compiled kernels and switched from OSS to ALSA as well with
that change. It's enough to set this once though, and it will stay
correct when rebooting the system. So you can launch KMix, set it, quit
KMix again and stay using KAMix again afterwads...

Maybe this helps you?! It worked for me at least (nForce 2 onboard audio).

Regards, Stefan.