[Kwintv] problem with nvidia drivers

Herbert Graeber lists at graeber-clan.de
Sat Jul 10 22:18:17 CEST 2004

On Saturday 10 July 2004 20:51, chriss kalogeropoulos wrote:
> I recently discovered a very curious problem regarding
> kdetv and the latest nvidia drivers (version 6106)
> After i start kdetv (or any other bttv using program)
> the machine freezes.
> Obviously this is a driver issue but i am reporting
> this to your list just in case anyone has any solution
> for this.
> I will also report this to the nvidia drivers mailing
> list and hope that someone has also encountered it.
>
> I use a SUSE 9.0 instalation with 2.6.7 kernel,
> XFree 4.4, qt 3.3 and kde 3.2. I have an NVIDIA Ti200
> video card.
> I must also report that the problem started only after
> the instalation of the latest nvidia driver
> Any help will be greatly appresiated

There must be another component related to this problem, not the
NVIDIA-Driver alone. For me this driver works fine.

My System: SuSE 9.1 with kernel-default 2.6.5, XFree-4.3.99, qt3-3.3.2
and KDE 3.2.3 (all the latest RPMs from SuSE) and a NVIDIA Geforce 2
GTS.

I had some trouble with AGP. For some driver version from NVDIA I had
to change the NVAGP-Option in /etc/X11/XF86Config.

Cheers,
Herbert