[Kwintv] problem with nvidia drivers

chriss kalogeropoulos chrissk_2 at yahoo.gr
Sat Jul 10 20:51:26 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I recently discovered a very curious problem regarding

kdetv and the latest nvidia drivers (version 6106)
After i start kdetv (or any other bttv using program)
the machine freezes.
Obviously this is a driver issue but i am reporting
this to your list just in case anyone has any solution
for this.
I will also report this to the nvidia drivers mailing
list and hope that someone has also encountered it.

I use a SUSE 9.0 instalation with 2.6.7 kernel,
XFree 4.4, qt 3.3 and kde 3.2. I have an NVIDIA Ti200
video card.
I must also report that the problem started only after
the instalation of the latest nvidia driver
Any help will be greatly appresiated

Thanks in advance
chriss