[Kwintv] Some problem with the last kwintv

Neil Macvicar blackmogu at vfemail.net
Wed Jan 21 12:32:43 CET 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 10:09 pm, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 January 2004 22:22, Christian Casteyde wrote:
> > 1. The secam mode is broken. Old channels are opened, but interpreted as
> > PAL channels => unusable. If I restart the wizard, I can select secam,
>
> This is because source and tv norm are now saved per channel, not per
> device. The migration code is *word censored*. I didn't spend much time
> thinking about it.
>
> > and the image appears OK, as long as I click cancel (=> restore PAL,
> > re-problem). "Next" cannot be clicked because there is no valid channel
> > detection with xv plugin (don't know why). If I choose v4l plugin, I can
>
> Unfortunately the Xv interface does not support it. If you get the
> vbidecoder working (Config dialog -> plugins -> vbidecoder -> configure)
> then the decoder can be used for channel detection.
>
> > click next, but no channels are found (certainly because the
> > scan is done in PAL, even if I selected secam). Therefore, the only
>
> Hmmmm. SHOULD not happen, but seems to. I don't know why at the moment.
> Doesn't happen for me. Even if I scan in Germany (we use PAL) with SECAM or
> NTSC mode, the app finds all channels.

We had this discussion about 2.6 kernels recently ! I bet Christian has
BTTV/i2c/V4L compiled as a module, whereas Dirk has a monolithic kernel in
this respect. I had the same problems with 2.6.x, and compiling these three
components monolithically solved them all.

Not certainly a bug with BTTV, since there are three components involved. I
mailed this problem to the v4l list a while back, so Gerd should be aware of
it.

--Neil.

--Neil.