[Kwintv] top/bottom stripes in fullscreen mode

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Mon Jan 12 19:17:55 CET 2004

On Monday 12 January 2004 15:30, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> another thing mildly annoys me: in fullscreen mode, qtvision manages
> it somehow to display (one pixel height?) stripes on top and bottom
> in standard widget background color, although I discovered some
> attempts to circumvent this (e.g. setPaletteBackgroundColor() in
> qtvision.cpp and qtvisionwidget.cpp).
>
> That effect seems to be independant from driver/aspect ratio settings.
> Can somebody confirm this, or is it a local phenomenon? I'm running
> SuSE 9.0 here..
SuSE 8.2, I got them on top and on bottom. And I was the one who introduced
them :-) This happens because that in fullscreen, the main window is
maximized (before, the TV widget was detached and maximized). I did it to
make the keyboard shortcuts work during fullscreen display. The two bars are
my kicker and my taskbar panel applet. It seems that it is not allowed for a
fullscreen (main?) window to cover them. I don't know why it was allowed to
the TV widget before, and I unfortunately also don't know how to fix it.