[Kwintv] The road to beta1...

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun Jan 11 09:30:27 CET 2004

> > - Timo Nentwig reported that the ALSA plugin looses it's config when two
> > sound cards are present.
> > -> Maybe no need to fix, there shouldn't be many people with two cards,
> > but I'll try to find it.
>
> I don't know how the plugin can lose the information. All it does is save
> the hardware ID of the card selected, usually "hw0:0", and the name of the
> mixer element, usually "Line". Having two cards shouldn't affect this.
>
> Timo - can you run qtvision from an xterm, and capture the debug output for
> the alsa plugin to demonstrate this behaviour ? When you select soundcard,
> can you see both cards as an option ?
AFAIK Timo in not on this list, his email is timo at nitwit.de if you want to get
in touch with him. He reported this bug in a private email to me. He can see
both soundcards in the dialog, but when he selects the second card and
presses OK, the plugin does not use it (so the plugin's try to use the card
seems to fail, and as a consequence it does not save the config, which he
also reported). I asked him to run qtvision on the command line and even sent
him a version with more debug output, but he failed to do so since a month
now.