[Kwintv] The road to beta1...

Neil Macvicar blackmogu at vfemail.net
Sat Jan 10 23:40:31 CET 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 10:40 pm, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> An updated qtvision known bugs/TODO list:
>
> - Kernel 2.6 fixes: Check proper compilation for some more people. Does the
> ALSA plugin work with the new 2.6. ALSA version?

Of course. :-) Maybe with the new ALSA version, they might have documented
some of the previously un-documented API, so I can fix a kludge :-)

> - Timo Nentwig reported that the ALSA plugin looses it's config when two
> sound cards are present.
> -> Maybe no need to fix, there shouldn't be many people with two cards, but
> I'll try to find it.

I don't know how the plugin can lose the information. All it does is save the
hardware ID of the card selected, usually "hw0:0", and the name of the mixer
element, usually "Line". Having two cards shouldn't affect this.

Timo - can you run qtvision from an xterm, and capture the debug output for
the alsa plugin to demonstrate this behaviour ? When you select soundcard,
can you see both cards as an option ?

Regards,
Neil.