[Kwintv] kdetv rename and reorganization

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 18:39:03 CET 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 11:56, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> I think we can assume the renaming to kdetv is decided.
> I'm unsure whether we should rename libqtvision and its files to libkdetv.
> It would be a lot of work to rename all the classes internally...
>
> And if we ask one of the CVS admins to do it, we should IMO also reorganize
> a bit in the same event.
>
> I'd propose the following dir structure:
>
> - kdetv/ (ChangeLog and TODO (former LAUNDRY) from qtvision subdir)
>
> - kdetv/kvideoio
>
> - kdetv/clients/shared (actions.*, changelogdialog.ui, dpmscontrol.*,
> kdetvactions.*, kdetvsystray.*, savercontrol.*, sidebar.*)
>
> - kdetv/clients/shared/icons (former qtvision/icons dir with "ktv" and
> "qtvision" substrings renamed to kdetv)
>
> - kdetv/clients/kdetv (main.cpp, mainwindow.*, kdetv.desktop,
> kdetv.profile.xml, kdetvsettingswidget.*, kdetvui.rc, kdetvviewiface.h)
>
> - kdetv/clients/kdetvscreensaver (kdetvsaver.desktop,
> kdetvsaver.profile.xml, saverconfigwidget.ui, screensaver.*)
>
> - kdetv/clients/todo (the remaining files from former qtvision/clients dir)
>
> - kdetv/libqtvision (former qtvision dir without plugins/, icons/ and
> clients/)
>
> - kdetv/plugins/* (former qtvision/plugins/*)
>
> George, if you like it, can you please ask one of the CVS gods to do it?
> I'll fix the rep ASAP after the change (I'm on holidays until (including)
> Monday, and I'm bored).

   Can we leave this for a little bit still?  I want to think about this
carefully before we make all the changes because this should be the last time
we bug the admins, and I will consider asking to move it to kdeextragear at
the same time.

   Generally what you outlined looks good though.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/