[Kwintv] QtVision and video players

Mark Goldstein goldstein_m at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 15:46:09 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm using SuSE 9.0 / KDE 3.1.4 / NVidea GeForce2 with
XFree driver.

I've recently installed qtvision (from packman2linux,
version that is marked as "cvs20031217").
It generally works OK, but I've noticed that when I'm
trying to playback some "avi/wmv/mpeg" by Mplayer,
Xine or other in parallel to qtvision, I can only see
in a player window an empty frame (+ hear the audio,
if any). If I close qtvision, everything is OK. Also
if I run kwintv from SuSE distribution, the video
viewers work OK.

Did somebody experience this issue?

Thanks,
Mark