[Kwintv] Re: Heavy flickery and noise when switching viewmode in qtvision

Florian Evers florian-evers at gmx.de
Mon Jan 5 23:54:38 CET 2004

Hi,

George Staikos [staikos at kde.org] wrote:
> On Monday 05 January 2004 15:20, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> > On Monday 05 January 2004 21:10, George Staikos wrote:
> > >    Not too many deinterlace...
> >
> > For me, the quality equal to DScalers Greedy2Frame (Radeon 9500, Standard
> > XFree driver)... I'm extremly satisfied with the picture quality. Timo
> > Nentwig also reported similar picture quality in a private email to me.
>
>   Interesting.  If the video cards all start to support this, maybe there
> isn't much value in an effort to add software deinterlacing right now.  Any
> ideas what percentage of new chipsets support this (including XFree support)?

I have a "relatively new" graphics card (yes I know that they grow old very
fast *g*), a Geforce 4 TI4600 (ASUS). And I can tell you, here is _no_
chipset-based interlacing (not activated?) here when using the V4L plugin.
I simply want to say that I don't believe that there are a lot of graphics
cards that support this... perhaps the Radeon's and newer GF-FX...
... but most of the people I know have older cards.

And the quality of non-deinterlaced video (V4L) is unattractive, so I
switched back to XVideo. Don't understand me wrong, XVideo's output
is absolutely ok, the only thing I was worried about was the flickery. ;-)

Greetings,

Florian Evers